Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mauk Design

I have never been to a design firm, so it was interesting to see how things are done at Mauk Design. I was surprise to see that the Mauk Design studio was pretty small, but yet it had almost everything they needed to design; computers, an area to put together their mock ups, and a mini work shop to cut and paint things. I thought it was really nice hearing Mitchell’s thoughts about designing exhibits. One of the things Mitchell said that I think would help us out with our exhibit is to have an idea what message we want people to get. I thought it was cool how Mitchell worked with major companies, but yet theirs only about three people that work in the studio. It goes to show that as long as you have a formula of what the client wants, which he showed us in his slide show. I loved his library collection of design books, there is so many different kinds of design books that I wished I could have stayed longer to check some of them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment