Sunday, May 16, 2010

In Pulse

I think the outcome of the show was a success. We all worked so hard while others put more effort in making this show happen. Big props to the structures team especially for their dedication and amazing skills.  I heard good feedback about the displays and how we were able to showcase all the work. I was impressed with the digital media side and how we displayed all the cool videos. The food was great, the vibe was great and the people enjoyed it.


Some of the things I've noticed throughout this experience was that at the beginning of the semester, everything was at a slow pace when it came to figuring out a theme/name/logo and simply all the planning in general. Towards the end it became to be under pressure mode. Perhaps setting a fixed schedule and introducing it at the beginning of the semester so that the class has guide to follow. Organization is key as well as having the motivation to follow through. For the graphics side I felt that we went through too many revisions which wasted a lot of time. We probably should have brainstormed in order to follow one direction instead of going through many. I think that it was a challenge for a lot of us to interpret "in pulse" with the logo "spectrum" visually but then again, that's the whole point. I'm glad we didn't stick with the apple idea, instead we incorporated the structures designs for the posters and program, which I thought was a great idea. The apple simply did not tie in with the concept of the show. One last thing is during the speech it seemed as though people were not paying any attention. Perhaps plan the speech at the beginning before we serve the food. I figured, get the speech done with first then the celebration starts.


Ultimately, this was a great experience for me. I met a lot of new people throughout this journey. I'm glad to have been a part of this. Pino, good luck with next years exhibit. I definitely want to visit and check it out.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment